It seems to me that we are all losing track of one basic fact. THere is a law,
that was passed in 1997, called the Udall Law.
This Law states that $100 000 000 is to be spent on research into Parkinson's
Disease.  ANd it seems to me,  that if that money is spent on anything else,
then that Law is being broken.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. Further , it weems to me that this law makes a
promise that has not been fuflfilled, and this confuses me. Because the money
has been promised - and it is only for PD, but the money has not been
forthcoming.  ANd then we are asked to make do with handouts at the whim of
NIH - and we have to bend over backwards to get what is rightfully ours! Lord
knows I begrudge no other disease any money towards their own research    But
1. this 100 million dollars was allocated to us after much discussion to
arrive at that figure by people who presumably knoew what they were doing.
2. the scientists who are up there doing the foremost research say it makes
the most sense to concentrate on PD bercause it is the neurological disease
that is closest to a cure, and once the breakthrough is made in PD , the
others will follow suit.

You see, even I have been led away from my original point, which is , simply,
The law states the money should go to PD
And all the other arguments, however true they are, should not be necessary.
that law was created because those arguments are true. So why second guess the Law.
The Udall Law exists.
It states the money should go to PD.
ANd that's that.

HilaryBlue.