Hilary,
I will back up and rephrase my question..........

We have said that NIH spends $*** million on AIDS research (don't have the
current figure available)

We have said that $100 million was allocated for Parkinsons research BUT
although NIH says $100 was spent on PD.....we say no.....$60 million on PD
and $40 million on related? research...we want the whole thing.
If we use that argument......in order to be accurate.....do we not have to
back track and say that NIH spent $***million on AIDS research....$@@million
was for AIDS and $## was for related? research.  Those figures have NOT been
broken out so far as I know........

I don't question that the money should be allocated......my question is
whether it actually has been by the basis of the arguments that we used to
justify the figure in the first place.  Or are we comparing our figures by
comparing grapes and grapefruit.
Rita 54/10