Camilla,

Parlodel constipated me the worst of all.

I use SWISS KRISS herbal laxative tablets--softens everything  nicely.
It is from Modern Products, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  They have a listed
tel. no.
Availailable for about $5.99 per 100 tab bottle in local stores.

My prayers are with you and Peter.

Good luck.

IVAN
  <<<<<cf>>>>>        :-)

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999 13:27:05 -0400 Camilla Flintermann
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Hi Clare---He supposedly got "cleared out" Monday in the hospital.
>And  so
>far as we can tell now there's no blockage, as he seems to be back in
>the
>usual pattern of BMs.  The kink thing is something he is aware of and
>worries about (of course, he worries about everything!)  and he does
>have
>gas because of the Lactulose he takes for the constipation!  'Round
>and
>'round it goes.......and yes, I think not being able to know what's
>going
>on is stressful.  We'll have to keep at it--are waiting now for word
>from
>his neuro---hopefully before the holiday !  Thanks for your
>concern.....
>
>You wrote
>>
>>Camilla, have they ruled out bowel obstruction or not?
>>Is there possibly a twist in his bowel that straightens
>>out when he gets out of bed and moves around?  Is
>>he passing stool?  And gas once sent me to the
>>hospital as it was cyclical, like spasms, and appeared
>>to be something about to rupture.  I was in there for
>>3 days, all kinds of dx tests....nothing.  This uncertainty
>>is stressful for you and Peter, isn't it.  Wish I could  really
>>help.
>>Clare Wilson
>

>Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
>Oxford, Ohio
>http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/camilla/one.htm
>
>                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
>                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "

 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)