Listmembers-

I wanted to point out the value of the list once again and thank Steve
and Paul Fahr- fellow list members who I had corresponded with off list
regarding STN stimulation and who was my surgeon's first STN patient-
who came to my assistance.

After the last adjustment of my STN stimulators about 2 weeks ago all
the wonderful progress that I had written about went to hell  (which
Steve  had warned me about). Over a period of about 4-5 days I went from
being dykinetic to the dyskinesia stopping for an extended period but
being unable to get a significant response from sinemet or any other
drug.  I went from dyskinesia to an extended off time which lasted about
a week.  I needed to go back to Chicago to readjust the stimulator but
for a variety of reasons would have been unable to do it until  next
Tuesday.

Then enter the angels of mercy Steve and Paul. On Monday Paul called and
told me that  he and Steve were scheduled to go to see their doctor and
offered to take me to Chicago along to Steve's appointment. Their last
appointment in Chicago was on my day of surgery and they had spent a
couple of hours with my family in the surgical waiting room- also much
appreciated.  But in spite of exchanging email and talking with each
other on the phone we had never met.   We agreed to meet in Rockford-
they live on a farm about an hour west and I live near Madison WI an
hour North. My son was able to drive me to Rockford and a friend could
pick me up. I met these men for the first time in a Burger King Parking
lot in Rockford.   I called from the car to tell the nurse who adjusts
the STN stimulator that I was coming hoping that I could be worked in.

When we got to Chicago after about an hours wait I saw the nurse and we
decided what we had done wrong last time and how to fix it and within
about 15 minutes I went ON for the first time in 10 days or so.

I write this both to give public thanks to Steve and Paul and also to
point out the value of  list members to each other.  Giving that kind of
support to fellow  listmembers in need- and believe me I was in need at
the time- is what this list is all about.

Thank you Steve and Paul and once again thank you list.

Charlie.

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin