Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 09:43:52 -0700
From: "J. R. Bruman" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ? Latin for "Seize the Moment"

Maryse Schild wrote:

> Carpe momentum???
> Maryse
>
> M. Dawn Legan a écrit:
>
> > I know that "carpe diem" is seize the day.  We with parkinsons often
> > have only parts (large or infinitesimal) of days when we can seize the
> > moment.  Can someone tell me how to say, "Seize the Moment" in Latin?  I
> > plan to put this in front of myself in various ways as a reminder.
> >
> > Mary Legan
> > 56/6+
After 60+ years, my Latin is more than a bit rusty- for your
slogan I think "carpe momentum" may be OK, but "carpe tempus"
or "carpe occasio" may be better. I have a Latin-English
dictionary, but apparently no lexicologist sees the need for
an English-Latin one. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694