I am in the current jury pool for petit jury.  Thought that if I could handle it, jury duty would be a neat way to serve.  I was seated on my first jury at 10:00 AM and only lasted until noon the same day.  Didn't realize that sitting still could be so difficult.

I asked the judge to excuse me and was excused with the understanding that if my situation changed, I would be welcome to return.  This is a small town and most people know about my parkinsons  so I suspect that they were rather surprised that I tried to serve.

I am 15 years since diagnoses now.  When I was at 5 years I did serve without trouble.  It is not unusual to see older individuals with parkinson tremors in the jury box.  I don't think that it is a problem as long as it is not distracting.

John Davis  62/14/15