Bruce, I received some information in the mail today I thought you might want to check on in regards to your remodeling.  In Texas, when an item is purchased for medical reasons or to assist people with disabilities to function independently,they are tax free.  This includes devices for adapting commonly used appliances, and all the fixtures you mentioned are included.  in addition to this, any service, such as repair, maintenance, or modification is also exempt from taxes. You might wish to check on this in your state.
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]>B. BRUCE ANDERSON
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, July 05, 1999 10:15 PM
Subject: bathrooms

I would like to publicly thank all those List members who gave me advice and sympathy after my accident a week and a half ago.
I especially liked the advice to get traction tape, grab bars and a hand held sprayer.  All will make taking a shower a MUCH less exciting event in the future, I am sure.

I got back home last Tuesday evening,  after unwelcome massive delays enroute because of weather.   The orthopedist told me on Friday to expect the pain to last for 6 to 8 weeks!  So BE CAREFUL, all you ballerinas out there...