hi all

whew, now that that little excitement has been announced
i can get back to replying to joe's real message
At 17:00 1999/07/08 -0700, joe wrote:
>Janet,
>Thank you for composing and making available your excellent description of
>Parkinson's disability. I am going to make several print-outs of your work
>and send it to several members of my family who are not certain how
>Parkinson's Disease affects people who have it.
> Joe Thome

thank you for those kind words, joe!

the disability description was written
with the social services bureaucracy in mind
so it has a fairly blunt and tending to the negative slant
it has been stripped of emotion for the same reason

my post "what does 'off' mean?" might make an interesting counterpoint
since it is intensely personal and emotion-oriented

i happened to have posted both 'description' and 'off' recently
and then felt i had to address the potential
of 'scaring' a newcomer to us and to pd
so i posted 'scary' as well

i think it's important to look at all sides of the situation
so i will post 'off' and 'scary' on my website
next door to 'description'

thanks for your message

and

here's hoping that you and your friends/colleagues
haven't been infected!

janet
acting list mom

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>