At 23:05 1999/07/08 -0400, hilary wrote:
>Janeaet, Joe and anybody else who is interested
>
>I am intrigued that how I feel after 26 years with this
>disease so interests so many people...

i think it's the door opening
on things that have been hidden for so long

hiding PD symptoms out of shame and anger leads and has led
to the ignorance and lack of PD awareness that we are frustrated by

admitting to all these 'weaknesses' in public
is very difficult for some people
but i think it's probably an important part of
accepting i.e. acknowledging the hard fact of having PD

by doing so
you are exhibiting the same courage and generosity
as michael j. fox, donald f. mckinley, james c. finn, et al

>I have also had a number of requests for the list of my
>symptoms as I prepared it originally to go with my Social
>Security application. Janet's revamped version of it is much
>more professional, which is why I used it on my appsication.
>Which I sent iin last week....
>
>I hope that this litle flurry of attention does not
>negatively impact my application.
>
>Hilary Blue (50/33/24)

oooooh
just let 'em try!

your application is blunt, truthful and realistic

they want to know that you can't do the work and why
we don't like admitting to our frailties
but this is not the time to
'soften the blow'
or
'make nice'

bureaucracy tends to run smoothly on 'facts, ma'am, just the facts'
and that's what we've given them

yours in staunchity

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>