>    In the July issue of the Readers Digest there is an article about the
>number of Canadian seniors being harmed by drugs prescribed to help them.
>    One woman wrote that her elderly neighbour was faced with sorting daily
>doses of ten different medications. She took the medications to the
>pharmacist and he had each dose for a week packaged on a blister card. The
>pharmacy delivers the cards and all the woman has to do is open one blister
>to get the right dose.
>    I don't know that all pharmacists would be able to do this, but it's
>worth asking about.
>Judith

I think this is the way pharmacies in Nursing Homes get their meds---we
were told that if Peter went to one NH he could NOT have his own (pd. by
insurance) meds sent through their pharmacy because they used pre-packaged
ones, in daily doses.   A small local NH said "no problem", though.  The
insurance co. said we would have to pay and then be reimbursed 80% for meds
we got directly from a NH pharmacy.     Fortunately, when Peter was
hospitalized and I was allowed to give him "meds from home", this was not a
problem.

If she can open the blister packs   <G>   that would be a great
solution--then she can give lessons in how to open them!   :-)

        Camilla Flintermann,            <[log in to unmask]>
        CG for Peter, 81/70/55                   co-owner, CARE list

             "If the only tool you have is a hammer,
                    everything looks like a nail. "
                        ----Abraham Maslow