Dear  Listserv members,
I usually go through my e-mail just reading and deleting but not
participating.  This time I feel the need to "speak my piece".
Brenda wants to know if this is a "support group".  I have Parkinson's
and I am also the facilitator of a young onset support group.  This is
what I believe is a good definition of a "support group".  Please pay
particular attention to the last sentence.

        A support group is a self-help group run by and for people who
have in common a particular challenge or life situation.  The purpose of
the group is to share information and offer mutual support in a spirit of
self-acceptance.  While this is a somewhat somber definition of a support
group it should be noted that one important characteristic of a support
group is a shared sense of humor.

Sharon H
51/44