Bob has a good idea-- also I wonder if checking with a lawyer--Legal Aid,
perhaps?--would be a help. This sounds really screwed up----what do the
caseworkers, etc say? A supervisor ? If Jessi is not in your *legal
custody* she IS in your home, and there must be some way of adjusting the
red tape to that reality!  Can your therapist or Jessi's run interference
for you ?  This is a real "falling between the cracks in the system"
situation---and I don't know either why you weren't warned.  That's
ridiculous!
Don't the kids gets survivors' benefits---and can't these come to your home
when they are living there?
Please check all the angles, and let us know how we may help !

>Hilary, if you will post the phone number to the county office, and the
>social security adviser you spoke to, I suspect they will receive several
>calls (at least one from Texas) inquiring if this can possibly be anything
>other than a mistake on their part, and if not, when you can expect to
>receive the funds from the county which they are collecting for you.
>bob

        for YOU from Camilla

        When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot,
                                  Hang on, and swing!