Hello Arthur,
It happened to me yesterday. I am not an expert! Someone walked me through
installing McAfee and it didn't clear the problem. Someone else via
telephone, advised me to download http://www.delta4.net/other/happy99.html
and walked me through the steps.

 It seemed to clear, except I think I was still experiencing some "aol"
problems. This might have been because the someone walked me through process
long distance and I'm not sure he advised me of ALL the steps indicated. You
can do a web search for happy99.exe sites if you don't like the program
indicated above.

If you are on "aol," give them a call at 888.265.8006. I called them this
morning, as it happened too late last night to reach them. They recommended I
use Dr. Solomon by downloading the demo version which is good for 30 days
free of charge.   He said this is an excellent anti-virus program especially
for aol.  Said it catches things like the Trojan Horse virus which one
anti-virus program doesn't even see and another program 'sees" but cannot get
rid of it.

If you're not comfortable with the procedure, I'd call aol and have someone
"talk" you through it, who knows what they are doing.

Good luck.

Alison