As the Crown Prince of the little community called Parkinsaw, MI,
complete with P---, Wolverines, deer, Zebra Mussels, Walleye, Perch,
Boars (from NYC yet), I am proud as a P-- to announce that the Parkinsaw
city fathers have passed another one of their ordinances, this time it's
right on the money:  To wit:  All email communications originating from
Parkinsaw and posted to a general list will have adequate identifiers in
the subject line so that those recipients can reasonably identify the
nature of the information presented.  If the message indeed has
absolutely nothing to do with Parkinson's Disease, it shall be labeled
in the subject line as "Non-PD: (Identifier)".  If the message has some
connection with Parkinson's Disease, such as Pennies for Parkinson's,
Parkinson's research or the like it shall be labeled in the subject line
as "Limited-PD: (Identifier).  The extent of the identifier subject
matter appearing in the communication must also be stated;  i.e., if out
of a two page message only 10% is devoted to a P-- let's say, then the
subject heading would be:  "Limited PD:  P---, 10%).  Further, an honest
effort must be made to use standard identifiers to assist those
employing filters.  For example, it would be bad manners to sneak in
some P-- stories by using "Limited-PD:  Porkers."  If it oinks like a
P--, wallows like a P-- and gives his brain cells to a hurting
Parkinsonian just like a P--then he must be a P--!  Now, in the case of
Parkinsaw, we have an unusual number of cloven hoofed friends, with
various and sundry monikers, so we must ensure that if it's a boar from
NYC, say, then the communication will be so labeled with P--, not Boar,
so as not to clog-up the filters.  Otherwise that bad ole Boar from NYC
will slip right on through.

Personally, I agree with the sentiment proffered about helping those
individuals to wade through the numerous messages received.  Those of us
up this way who dabble in humorous subjects do so for the sole purpose
of making people with Parkinson's laugh, and to remind them not to
forfeit God's gift to them of their smile, laugh and sense of humor.
The very last thing we want is to offend, bother, pester, annoy or
otherwise disrupt their right to access the information they choose.
So, speaking only for the Parkinsaw contingent up here in Michigan's
wild and beautiful Upper Peninsula, we'll do everything we can to make
life easier for our friends on the List.  Wow, look at that!  A Fabled
Cincy Flying P--, with Chubby Labarre holding on for dear life, just
flew over the Mohammed Ali Civic Center.  Folks, I've got to go and get
a picture of this  Take care.

John Bjork
The Parkinsaw Chronicles
Parkinsaw, MI.