In a message dated 6/27/99 5:22:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 > My father, age 83 has been getting up to the bathroom about 4 times per
 > night.  This had been difficult due to mobility problems.  A bedside urinal
 > has only partially helped because it's not big enough to contain the
 > volume.  (This was the only size found in four stores.) >>

Helen,

Carefully cut the pouring spout out of a large plastic detergent bottle (ERA,
or other brand), retaining the threads to the cap.  You then have a leak
proof male urinal of sufficient volume.  I find mine superior to the hospital
kind.

Having that volume of urine overnight doesn't sound right, however.  Make
certain he sees a doctor about that soon.

Regards,
WHH 55/38/37