> The current issue of the Loma Linda support groups newsletter has two
> interesting commentaries by nutritional biochemist Dr. Richard Hubbard.
> first, he advocates that vegetable protein is preferable in PWP diet to
> animal protein because it contains less leucine which competes for
> absorption of levodopa. adequate intake of tryptophan or niacin is also mentioned.

This raises the question as to whether all the essential amino acids
interfere
with Sinemet or are these restricted to those with similar
conformational
structure reacting in the same manner as L-dopamine.
Intake of niacin should be the least of our problems as it is easily
provided in multi vitamin formulations.

Michel Margosis