CAROL

I just read your posting and appreciate your point of view. I agree that
humor is an essential part of dealing with parkinsons. Each of us and our
care giver must deal with this terrible disease every day and a major
component of the medications must be humor.

That said,  it seems that some of those who frequently post are
portraying me as THE GRINCH THAT STOLE CHRISTMAS. This was not and is not
my goal. My concern is for the many who ask to be removed from the list,
stating that they feel overwhelmed by the number of postings. I feel bad
when i see these posts. It makes me wonder if we have lost someone who
has a real need for the compassion frequently shown on this board. I am
personally touched when a new board member tells his or her story and is
lovingly embraced by fellow board members.

A good dose of humor is essential to our well being. My family thinks I
am funny when I exercise my W.C. Fields skills. I am not a proponent for
exorcism of good humor, but let's make sure that we are not losing list
members who have a real need  for support other than a funny story.

Best Regards
Murph Brown 57/48