Carole - I ( and many others, if not most on this list) share your
fear.  I believe that we talk about it very little because of the
strength of the fear.

Both my husband and my neuro make light of my concerns in this area and
each tells me I seem fine to him, but I recognize signs  that my
competence is diminishing too quickly.  The most evident sign is my
inability to remember what pills I have taken.  I have a chart; I try to
remember to write down every time I take a pill and can't seem to do
so.  And sometimes I write it down but forget to take it.   ANd there
are other signs as well.
I don't know what to do about it.  I try to work at intellectually
challenging activities to keep me "sharp".  I am taking Italian lessons,
and landscape design classes at the Chicago Botanic Garden.  I also
volunteer at the Enabling Garden  there but don't know how much any of
it helps.  Any insight you or anyone else has on this subject would be
much appreciated..

Nancy Shlaes deGrazia (62/57)