Hilary,

I agree with Camilla . I presume the left hand doesn't know what the right hand
is doing and the bureaucracy just keeps rolling along.  Your kids, I think get
the survivors benefits not primarily you. It may have been while they were not
living with you they might have a case but since they have returned I think you
are in the clear. I believe the rule for that is physical custody not legal.
Check with social services (your favorite people)  and a supervisor if
necessary as Camilla suggests. There has got to be an error.  Let me and all of
us know what we can do for you.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.