To my good friend Dale,

It just so happens that today I received the latest version of Dragon
NaturallySpeaking the voice recognition program.  True it does take a fast
machine to run it properly, but they have made great strides and is
amazingly accurate.  My Parkinson's also has taken a toll on my ability to
type (which was never very good to begin with).  I can hunt and peck pretty
good when my medications are working well, but late at night and early in
the morning when I most often use computer is when my medications are at
their worst.  For anyone who is a lousy typer, rather because of Parkinson's
or clumsy fingers, I strongly recommend this voice recognition software.

NaturallySpeaking is for dictating text primarily.  Its companion
DragonDictate allows you to manipulate the computer in a more or less hands
free fashion.

There is one problem I have encountered.  People with Parkinson's often have
speech difficulties and tend to slewr their words a bit.  I have to be very
careful to enunciated everything properly in order to get good performance.
But I think that is probably benefit for my long-term speaking ability
because it forces me to enunciated.  I hope those of you who are my friends
do not feel that I have become snobish, if I began talking very properly.