Hi,
Although I've posted a few things, I hadn't formally introduced myself. My
name is Alison Landes and I joined the list about 3 weeks ago. My sister, age
46, was diagnosed with Parkinson's 6 months ago. It has been a couple of
years and visits to several doctors before we were able to get a diagnosis.
In fact the first doctor we saw after she came to Florida gave us "more" of
what she had heard from her doctors in New York, "that there's nothing wrong,
you just seem to be depressed."

It took my dad, my sister, and I, sitting in front of an ombudsperson at the
medical facility, explaining, insisting, that "No, she was not simply
depressed. There is something wrong  and we insist that someone take the
"time" to give the matter some thought and analyze what is happening."

We were referred to a second internist. I handed him the same list of
symptoms and concerns and in five minutes, the doctor said, "I think you have
Parkinson's. I'll stake my medical experience on it." He referred us to a
neurologist to have the diagnosis confirmed.

Two years ago, my sister had seen several doctors. She asked a neurologist in
NYC if she had MS. It shouldn't be that Parkinson's can slip by so many
doctors, undiagnosed. Increased awareness and raising so many voices as "one"
will get Parkinson's the attention it deserves.

Regarding Jerry Mannings inquiry about CoQ10 and NADH, if you type in the
website www.ceri.com which stands for Cognitive Enhancement Research
Institute, it will take you to the opening page of the site. Also, within
that website check out  ceri.com/parkpage.htmIt which contains alot of
information about Parkinson's and various alternatives that people are
trying, including CoQ10 and NADH.  Be sure to look for an article and
interview with a woman named Annetta Freeman. I would be interested to hear,
if there are other people on the list who are doing anything similar and the
results they are having.

Alison Landes