-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Billie Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Aan: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Datum: donderdag 15 juli 1999 3:36
Onderwerp: non-pd non-gender bending--joke

>> oh how the truth can hurt. Hey guys! <<

In the hospital, where their family member lay gravely ill, the
relatives gathered in the waiting room.  Finally, the doctor came in
looking tired and somber.

"I'm afraid I am the bearer of bad news." he said as he surveyed the
worried faces. "The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a
brain transplant.  It's an experimental procedure, semi-risky, and you
will have to pay for the brain yourselves."

The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news.  At length,
someone asked, "Well, how much does a brain cost?"

The doctor quickly responded, "$200 for a male brain, and $500 for a
female brain."

The moment turned awkward. Women in the room tried not to smile, avoiding
eye contact with the men, but some actually smirked. A girl, unable to
control her curiosity, blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask,
"Why does the female brain cost so much more?"

The doctor smiled at her childish innocence and then to the entire group
said, "It's a standard pricing procedure. We have to mark the male
brains down, because they're used."