Yes, indeed, I would appreciate all the info you could send on this.  The same thing happened to O.Sacks himself as he describes  in his book, A LEG TO STAND ON.  Certain music affects me in this way, as well.

Mary Legan 56/6+

One World Books wrote:

Just a little further to this: I recently was reading an article by a journalist who spent a couple of days with Oliver Sacks.  One of the persons the journalist met while with Sacks was one who apparently couldn't move at all, simply could not move, but when music was played couldn't stay still.  There was an explanation about what he/they thought the connection was, but I can't remember it just now! But if anyone is interested, I can easily track it down.At 06:16 AM 04-07-99 -0400, you wrote:>After being silent for far too long (although some would disagree with that) I'm just going to jump right in here.....this is a topic I can identify with!>>I read in a medical publication quite a while ago that certain types of music almost compel us to move and keep moving. I know my feet can't resist a jig, preferrably from the east coast or The British Isles. It's rare that a fiddle doesn’t get my legs doing fancy movements and my feet tapping, swishing and gliding.  Of course, sometimes the rest of my body doesn't do a whole lot, but the sound of a fiddle played fast and well turns the bottom third of me into a Riverdance wannabee.>And a message for Bonnie Rowley: Bonnie, I had a lot of problems getting message re the mysterious HTML stuff to your personal website, but hope that I finally suceeded couple of weeks back.

Cheers, Robin, lurker for her mum in NZ
--
Robin Ingram, trade aid & one world books volunteer [log in to unmask]
the proper way to read any book is with at least 2 cats assisting