I want to thank all of you on this listserve for your kind responses.  I feel I should give you an update although I know that most of you know about this kind of treatment much better than I do because you have experienced it first hand.

I just talked to my husband's neuro here.  I had dropped off the information that Janet Patterson so kindly sent to the list and informed him that Ted was in the hospital.  He told me that perhaps it was something Ted did differently back there in Illinois like "something he ate."  I kid you not.  I find this a little bit alarming coming from a "trained" neurologist.  At this point I was so flabberghasted that I felt like crawling through the phone.  Then he informed me that he saw him just two weeks ago and he was "fine."  They didn't change anything.  Well, he saw him for 15 minutes (if that much).  I see him 24 hours a day  (more or less).  I've seen this coming on for awhile in fits and spurts.  He is not fine, believe me.  Although he is still well oriented, he is hyper and agitated.  Definitely not himself.  Even his speech patterns are revved up which is about all I can judge over the phone.  Sadly, all I could hear on the other end of the phone with the neuro was "don't blame me; I didn't do anything wrong."  I'm not trying to blame anyone.  That is sort of pointless at this point in time.  I am just trying to get the problem resolved. I'm not a trained neurologist but it escapes me how when you have someone with a diagnosis of Parkinson's which slows down activity and you see them exhibiting the exact opposite all of a sudden plus he is on a fairly good dosage of Sinemet CR 50/200 t.i.d. and has been on Mirapex t.i.d. for a year and on Tasmar t.i.d. for six months, that you wouldn't look at the medications FIRST rather than assuming that a person needs psychiatric care.  I mean look at the obvious FIRST.  I don't think you have to be a trained anything to figure that out.

Thanks for listening to me vent.

Less overwhelmed but more frustrated today,

C. Menser  :-)