Dear, dear Hilary....

I just ache for you in being forced go thru this ongoing SSA
nightmare - not once, but seemingly over and over and over again.
For each issue you get straightened out, they clobber you with
another, more devastating issues barely giving you breathing room
before slamming you with the next SSA horror.

A coupla years ago I posted to the List the about the original
problems I had with getting SSDI reinstated after I was penalized
by them for returning to full-time employment - working from my
home for Microsoft - giving full attention and cooperation to the
SSDI rules.

 Suffice it to say, even tho there was a judgment totally in my
favor from a SSA judge about 8 months ago,  the SSA is STILL
hassling me and is holding some of each monthly payment BACK
(which they will continue to do for 2 years) claiming I owe THEM
from the time I was NOT receiving SSDI, tho how I could owe them
money from the time when they were not providing me with any, I
don't understand!  (@&^#$* at the SSA!)

I'm not gonna beat my SSA issue to death to you, but I just HAD to
let you know you're not alone in being royally screwed by this
bunch of idiots!!  I empathize so with you that it actually hurts.

I've got your list of assorted congress-persons and other
officials to contact and will
get messages to 'em as other List members are doing.

Please take care of yourself (I know THIS is tough) during this
painful and frustrating time because it's so easy to fall into the
emotional abyss of depression when one's being continually
harassed by a government organ that seems to have raised client
harassment to new highs!

Barb Mallut