I think what you want is a RECUMBENT BICYCLE.

See:  http://www.recumbents.com/

Here is a comment from the person who told me about it:

" You have a huge mechanical advantage
on a recumbent over a regular framed bike because your legs are way out in
front of you and you have a seat with back support. You're lower to the
ground, with much less wind resistence.
Bike E makes a more affordably priced recumbent than most companies."

He was looking for a bike, I don't think he bought one yet.

I saw some people riding them.  They look great.  Good balance,
good power, etc.

- Marilyn -
Marilyn Gang            [log in to unmask]