At 15:11 1999/07/15 -0400, you wrote:
>I just h ad a phone call from Tom Davies office.
>i do not qualify for social security bereavement benefits. I have not
>qualified since my 2nd daughter was taken into foster care, i should not have
>been getting the payments i did get since then. I may  even have to return
them
>Even if my daughters return home, i have lost the right to bereavement
>benefits and i cannot get them back again.
>i probably dont qualify for welfare because i own my house.
>
>Hilary Blue

i'm off
and just got offer

welfare is meant to be temporary help till i get 'back on my feet'
disability can be temporary or permanent
can't a blind person get social assistance for disability
without going 'bankrupt'?
how about a quadriplegic?
or someone with emphysema?
people who cannot earn an income any lomger?

the rules covering assets allowed disabled ontarians
are different and more generous
than the assets allowed welfared ontarians

how were all those disability related improvements
on your house approved?

disabled is not welfared
welfared is not disabled

pooh

jp

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>