hi all

and before that Michel wrote that carole wrote:
>>>Just wanted to say that I, for one, find it
>>>really helpful when
>>>janet interjects her little
>>>comments/clarifications into the medical posts.
>>>Makes them easier to
>>>digest-so to speak. Keep 'em coming.
>>
>> No matter how much sense can be made out of medical
>> texts, I would be especially careful about a lay person
>> interpreting biomedical data and bio-medical or biochemical
>> language.  The situation is complex enough as it is,
>> and I recommend that we leave translations to the
>> translator and not the touris, because "there is nothing
>> to fear but fear itself"...

i rarely attempt 'translation' of the medical abstracts
i feel qualified to comment on any of them
although i rarely do

by the act of posting the pmid abstracts that i do
i have already 'commented' indirectly on my interest in them

two recent ones caught my attention is all:
"apoptosis / mediates"
and
"comt / estrogen"

"cell death" and "hormones"
are my all time favourite subjects
right up there scrunched up close to pd

fear = ignorance
knowledge = power

the more i learn
the more i learn how much more there is to learn
so should i stop learning?
notta chance!

my purpose in posting pmid abstracts:
1. to share information with us
2. to get them into the PIEnet list archives for a future 'aha!' or two

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>