Oh Hilary--what awful news---I do think you must get legal advice, and from
someone who knows the ins and outs of this area of the law.  Your
circumstances are not "usual", and in many ways don't fit the ordinary
patterns of various kinds of assistance.  I keep feeling there must be some
way of getting back through the cracks in the system you seem to have
fallen through---but you'll need help in finding it, whether from legal
Aid, or the listmember who offered, or someone else you know--good
attorneys Do at times work "pro bono" for deserving folks like you and the
kids!

P.S. Maybe the package that's en route to you will give you a chickle to
lighten this gloom for a moment!

>I just h ad a phone call from Tom Davies office.
>i do not qualify for social security bereavement benefits. I have not
>qualified since my 2nd daughter was taken into foster care, i should not have
>been getting the payments i did get since then. I may  even have to return
>them
>Even if my daughters return home, i have lost the right to bereavement
>benefits and i cannot get them back again.
>i probably dont qualify for welfare because i own my house.
>
>Hilary Blue

        Camilla Flintermann,            <[log in to unmask]>
        CG for Peter, 81/70/55                   co-owner, CARE list

             "If the only tool you have is a hammer,
                    everything looks like a nail. "
                        ----Abraham Maslow