At 09:28 18-7-99 -0700, J. R. Bruman wrote:
 I wonder if the hand and foot tremor that appears a few minutes after the
scheduled dose of Sinemet could be a form of peak-dose dyskinesia, and
whether it could be associated with agonists such as Requip as well. At
this point, it's noticeable but not very
>troublesome, and subsides within a half hour or so. Might not occur if
>I substitute Sinemet CR for the regular Sinemet, to damp out the
>response. Cheers,
>Joe

Joe,

I am puzzled by this mail of yours. You wonder if the tremor, that you
mention could be  a form of peak-dose dyskinesia, but your description of
the time and conditions in which
it manifests itself are most like those of start of dose reaction, though a
very quick one if it appears only a few minutes after the scheduled dose of
sinemet. If it is a start of dose reaction, it might occur also, but would
decline more quickly.

The instruction leaflet of Requip says that and dyskinesia are among the
possible side effects of Requip. Tremor is not mentioned as such. But you
never can tell with Parkinson.....

A few months ago I could hardly believe my own observation about the timing
of my speech problems: soft voice and bad articulaton, which nowadays
appear as soon as my meds are maximum effective against my other symptoms
and disappears as soon as my other motor functions leave me.

Ida

Vriendelijke Groeten / Kind regards,

Ida Kamphuis                            mailto: [log in to unmask]