Dear Dale--While it was good to see your name on a post again, it was sad
that you are having such trouble now with the "mechanics" of posting and
following the contents.

It was very helpful that you were so honest about the difficulties you have
now, and which I'm sure are not yours alone.  It is so easy to say, "Just
Delete", with no understanding that this may not be a simple thing for some
folks to do--I regret the times I've said that, and taken that easy way
out.  The problem of what to do, however, is pretty difficult.

Some have suggested voice-operated software or a trackball--perhaps you've
tried these already.  I don't know what else to suggest.  I guess it would
be helpful if we did know, when members signoff the list, what their
reasons are--there can be many, from problems like yours, to too little
time, to a dislike of the way the list presents itself.  Someone said, the
PIE list can't be all things to all people, and therein lies the core of
the problem, I think.   Like every group, there has to be a certain amount
of self-selection, choosing what "fits" or doesn't from the available
options.  If some who want to be on PIElist  are excluded unintentionally,
that is a shame---what can we do?  The option of dividing the list has been
discussed over and over, and never accepted, at least  by those who
expressed their opinions.  If you have a suggestion, other than explicit
subject lines (which might not help much when deleting is so difficult)
please do share your thinking.

I've always appreciated your contributions to the list, and am sorry it has
become so hard for you.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "