hi all

At 22:14 1999/07/19 -0400, sherilyn wrote:
>Thanks Carole.  It seems like when I take more sinemet or
>miripex the dysken..(sp) is terrible.  Maybe a second opinion
>is in order...

it's possible
and maybe even probable
and cannot hurt one whit!

we need to learn and learn and keep on learning
this is not a waltz in the park
this is a tough test and
a long term one
at that

>My husband travels a lot,
>my three children are out of town,
>I'm feeling lonely and scared...

and that's exactly why we're here
[pigs and pmid's notwithstanding!]

we parkies/pwps/parkinsonians/patients/victims/survivors
have been tossed a challenge of grand proportions
some might say terrifying proportions
but it ain't so
imho
if we can learn to accept the challenge
take up the gauntlet
study for the test
with as much grace as we can muster

do you belong to a 'three-dee' support group?
how about other family and friends?

you were diagnosed in 97
but i'll bet you had symptoms long before that
so you are a relative newbie to this game

okay - question period:
how long have you been on meds?
why did you start them when you did?
what were your symptoms like then?
what are they like now?
when last did you see your neuro?
have you discussed the changes you have described to us with her/him?
have you tried keeping a daily/hourly/minutely diary
to record your symptoms and your med regimen?
[see my earlier message today in re collecting evidence]
did your neuro recommend any 'neuroprotective' approaches
e.g. selegiline, anti-oxidants, vitamin c, vitamin e?
have you read the 'psychosocial' article on my website?
[in the pienet/words/nuggets section]

carole wrote to you:
>> I have no business practicing medicine without a
>> license-am not an M.D- and am learning that PD is a
>> great mimic and may present and progress differently
>> for different individuals,BUT-it doesn't sound like
>> you're being medicated adequately-See another doctor
>> or two or more or as many as it takes-and stay in
>> touch with the List-you'll find lots of support here.
>>                         Carole Hercun 53/51/45

and all i can say to that
is
hear! hear!
and
ditto!

>I guess Im really scared of how fast its going.
>At 53  I'm just not ready to die...

your anxiety and fear could possibly be contributing to your symptoms
we tend to be susceptible that way

if allowed free rein
our fears can drag us down into a
fear/stress/symptom/stress/fear vicious circle
i know it well, been there, done that

it's only been 2 years since your diagnosis...
i wouldn't be surprised
if you are still 'mourning' your perceived losses
added to which
if you don't feel confident
about your med regimen controlling your symptoms...
yikes, a double whammy

i'm glad you wrote to us
we are here and not going anywhere
[too fast, that is]

your cyber-sis

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>