hi all

for the benefit of the many new members who have joined us recently
i started writing 'translations' of don's posts some time ago
[he has the lousiest spelling keyboard in the world!]
[as if mine is so great - where'd the caps key go?]
because i felt that his messages
were too important to miss

he is now my adopted "cyber-dad"
[my three-dee dad passed on in 1977]
[don's youngest daughter, his 'baby', is about my age]

At 09:09 1999/07/20 -0700, cyber-dad-don wrote:
>i do not have carole's e-mail address but what i've got to say is a lot
>for newbies, and not in a bad way. i went through what a lot of you are
>going through. after 30 years i still get upset because i can't do what
>i used to be able to do. my baby did not know her dad when she came home
>from living in ALASKA.  but now she is beginning to understand. my sister
>does not understand and doesn't come around much. it not the 'happiest'
>thing to have but at the same time don't put your head in the sand. cry
>when you need to. go to a place where you can do it in private. it took
>me  - well to tell the truth, i don't know long it took me to accept my
>pd. you've got to say and say over again 'i am the same Person, only i've
>got to slow down a little, and to blue blazes with any one else!'
>i'm not saying it is easy; it's not. we have the right to say, read, do
>what we want. this list is one way to let off steam. so please don't feel
>alone and don't give up. when i was told about my diagnosis, the doctor
>asked me what i wanted. i said i wanted to live as i always had, so i was
>given too strong a regimen of meds, which i know now was wrong. so when
>they make remarks about your meds, walk away some place and laugh at them.
>if it makes you feel good, to heck with them. but never give up. as i tell
>everyone, we've all got the same boat to row. just remember there are
>a lot of us with PD to help you. so best of my LOVE TO ALL.
>
>I.Y.Q. [say it fast!]
>
>DON  AND  VIVIAN
>[the love of don's life for 54 years]
>
>e-mail don mckinley <[log in to unmask]>

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>