hi all

At 09:40 1999/07/20 -0700, ron wrote:
>depression does not have to be clinical depression
>to cloud up perception!...

absolutely!

i guess i 'define' the difference between the two
in terms of their duration

to me
depression
is feeling bad about something specific and real
and tends to be days or weeks in duration

clinical depression [cd]
is feeling bad,  or even worse, indifferent, about everything
and tends to be months or years in duration

>it may be that withdrawal from being
>captain of my ship and master of my fate
>is the first step toward death...

the perception that i am not captain of my ship
the realization that i never was master of my fate
the acceptance that birth is the first step toward death
all of the above can be hard to take
they can involve changing
the way we think

any change is scary
but changing our perception of our reality is very scary

[why the heck were we thinking the other way to start with?]

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>