Perhaps I can shed some light on why some of us become impatient when
what is a delight in moderate doses becomes excessive.

I have been enjoying participating here for some three years now, and
it has truly provided me with what amounts to a post-graduate course in
all the devious and miserable nuances of PD. I take care of my husband
and share his misery. This and the CARE list have each provided help and
needed solace many times over and I appreciate the varying personalities
of the contributors very much.

Three years ago my husband was driving our car, taking care of the
household finances and home maintenance. He was walking and was able to
eat his meals like an adult instead of an 18 month old child. And he was
still the same companion to me, and father to our sons, than he had been
for over 50 years. In those days I could fully enjoy the posted nonsense
that spiced the list and periodically took over like crabgrass.I confess
I contributed my share on occasion. Our members are witty people and
laughter is good for us.

But PD does not stand still and I am depressed as I see my dear companion
disintegrating before my eyes. His muscles no longer do his bidding with
any reliability, he is in almost constant pain, and his once sharp mind
has become confused. I now must take a daily dose of the SSRI, Paxil to
function normally. Lassitude overwhelms me in spite of the anti-depressant.

A year ago, before Paxil soothed the rough edges of my life, I was easily
irritated and snappish. These days I just sigh and wearily delete when the
volume becomes excessive. I am not alone. Those who complain may seem to be
arbitrary, rigid,and intolerant fussbudgets to those who see us as spoil-
sports determined to stamp out fun. But many of us are like me, too
overwhelmed by our own problems to complain. Its easier for some to leave
when the ratio of chaff to the grain of useful information becomes unprofitable.

Nevertheless, I look forward to each edition of the Parkinsaw chronicles and read
them to Neal to brighten his painful days. It is only when the fun becomes
repetetive and excessive that the pleas for respite break out

Martha Rohrer  CG for Neal 79/14