At 11:42 18-7-99 +0200, Maryse Schild wrote:
>Ida,
>Thank you for the precisions. The "disturbance in central dopaminergic
>mechanisms" sounds to me like one of these terms we call in french
>"noyer le poisson"(drown the fish).
>If there were no such disturbance, would there be PD?

Martyse,

IHMO the writers of the setence you object to did mean to say with it that
it is not only  a lack of doppamine that causes the symptoms, but that
dopamine in the brain of a PWP has another effect as in a normal brain and
that the two kinds of dopa induced dyskinesia; one correlated with the
measured level of dopamine and the other not are not the outcome of the
same mechanism.
I agree that saying this without stating what exactly are these mechanisms
, seem not very helpfull
Ida

Vriendelijke Groeten / Kind regards,

Ida Kamphuis                            mailto: [log in to unmask]