Date sent:              Tue, 20 Jul 1999 19:31:46 -0700
Send reply to:          [log in to unmask]
From:                   Murray Charters <[log in to unmask]>

> Or just use a different e-mail such as the tried and true Pegasus I
> use.... No matter what others post the text and background are MY
> DEFAULTS... black text on a white background, blue for "clickables"
> (URL's), and magenta text for forwarded etc.  I never see grey posts.

Murray is quite correct.  The Microsoft mailers are set so that they
default to formatted text, such as Rich Text Format and/or even Word!
This "forces" people to use the Microsoft products, but also "de-
standardizes" the Internet, which has always been based on straight
ASCII text.

The above is why I have always been a stickler about attachments,
etc., as they are not readable by everyone.  If anyone is using
Outlook, Outlook Express, etc., PLEASE set the defaults so that only
"Plain Text" is sent out.

Pegasus Mail, BTW, is an excellent mailer (I am using it, also) and is
free.  It can be a little difficult to use, however, because it has some
powerful features, but, for simple e-mailing, it is great.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"