Hi Gang,

Janet has this pretty much figured out... Here's my 2 cents more...

There are "headers" attached to the beginning of each e-mail message.
The header tells the e-mail software at the receiving end how the
message should be decoded and displayed.

You don't see the header info when you read your mail incidently....
you only see this stuff when you use an "editor" to look at ALL the
bits 'n bytes.....

Here are the typical headers associated with the messages that come
through as "colored" "HTML" etc. (this one was 14.6k in size).

------=_NextPart_000_00A9_01BED38D.90A5FF80

------=_NextPart_000_00A9_01BED38D.90A5FF80

------=_NextPart_000_00A9_01BED38D.90A5FF80--

And here are the headers on a "normal" e-mail.....

These are the settings for "plain jane"....... and normally produce
an e-mail message around 2k in size. Avoid multi-part messages. Keep
the plain text option.  Don't get fancy.

The key is to go to your settings and set the defaults to the above.

Barb M. & Don McK.... your e-mailer is Outlook Express 4.72 btw. Your
settings look ok to me.................. murray

ps: I've always had my e-mail set for REPRO and now I'll set NOACK as
suggested....