Camilla, that was actually going to be my PLAN!  Do you have a crystal ball?
Un-fortunately, after the paint came off the Mercedes, the rain came down,
and now it is covered with RUST! I did not care, I was going to bring it down
to "Lyin' Looie's Losers" "the car lot with a pancreas" (it used to be a
"heart", but they fined him for false advertising, so he changed the sign,
and since no one in the fraud division knew what a pancreas looks like, they
just let it slide!)  Well I went there anyway and I was all ready to take a
few thousand bucks and a well worn VW microbus. well, let me tell you
something, Looie may have a pancreas, or he may not, but he sure is a tough
guy to deal with! FIRST thing he starts giving me a hard time about the rust,
well, I knew the brush and the house paint were still inside the trunk, in
fact the paint was all over the trunk, so I told him he could paint it for
nothing. He agreed!
But THEN he starts with the "I need a title" garbage! I showed him the
receipt for the house paint, and he said "close enough!" He really DOES know
how to do business, if you give him a chance. So I signed some blank credit
card receipts for him and he not only gave me a check for $175, but he gave
me the VW microbus.  I loaded in my luggage,  slammed the door,  picked up
the steering wheel from the floor, and tied it back on the column. I touched
the starting wires together and the engine turned over. It really DID turn
over, on its SIDE!  So Looie pushed it over to the VW dealer for some new
motor mounts. He paid the $10 for the parts under his 20-20 warranty, (20
days or 20 minutes, which ever comes first.)  I agreed to pay the $2000
labor, it took over an hour, so I understood. I actually drove the VW several
miles with no more problems.  I was curious why there are no doors on the
driver's side, and Looies said they didn't come with it when it was new, but
if that is true, why did they have the openings?  The shower curtains look a
little strange,,,,,,,,,but they do keep most of the rain and wind out, so
they will suffice.  In the back seat was an unhappy looking Native American
holding a broken water fountain,. Sitting on his lap a surly nurse holding a
carton of cigarettes,and leaning against the window, a guy that is very quiet
and possibly deceased, and is a dead ringer for Jack Nicholson!
I asked them to leave, and they did, except the Nicholson guy, yelled "I want
MY cigarettes, and went back to sleep!  Well, I think I see Vito, Guido and
Tito, in the rear view mirror, so I think I will get going.............
Ken "The guy who knows cars"