Hi all,
        Does anyone know what Quality Control tolerances are applied
during the production runs of the meds' that we take? The reason I ask
is that on several occasions recently I have experienced severely
delayed "kick-in" of Madopar, which I normally have few problems with so
long as I stick to the same dosing regime.
Having worked in a Quality Control environement for Coca-Cola and
Scweppes soft drinks who apply strict tolerances on both the volume and
strength of their products, I know from experience that problems with "
out of  spec' " product do happen, especially at the start and end of
production runs, and despite the best efforts of the Quality control
departments some of these below standard products ocasionally escape the
net and reach the consumer.
Do the same problems exist in the production runs of  Drugs? Could my
delayed "kick-in" be due to a sub-standard batch of Madopar capsules? or
should I be looking elsewhere for the cause of the problem?
Regards,
Nigel, 44/11 Taking....Madopar, Cabaser, Eldepryl, Amantadine,
Amitryptiline