Hilary, My heart aches for you, honestly, when I see what some people get
away with.  I was a teacher in a co. deprived school, but there were always
children off on welfare day to go to another city to qualify for the second
welfare check, mother receiving one and father in another city receiving
another.
Had one third grader ask me why I didn't go on vacation in the middle of Feb.
I said I couldn't, had to work to be paid.  Her answer was"Don't you save the
check you get in the mail  every month"!!!!!!!!(She went to the islands every
Feb. for two months, and mother was furious when we suggested maybe she
should have some extra help to be promoted.
Enough said.
Gerry