Prior to my right side pallidotomy in Deember 1993, I was on 14 Sinemet CR
200/50 and 6 permax  1 mg per day.  After the pallidotmy I was down to 9 CRs
and 4 permax.  After left side DBS of the globus pallidus and STN in Dec
94 - I was the first North American patient to have this procedure - I am
down to 4 CRs a day and 2 permax.  My stimulator is a Medtronic Extrel model
1425, settings are 10 volts, 220 hertz and pulse width of 200, unchanged
since hookup.

My energy level is high on a sustained basis since DBS ; I have experienced
no problems and have not had an off period since hookup

Hope this helps

Bill