Dear Nina and Joe, Bill Heitman, many others,

I did talk about the Udall  Act and  comment on stem cell research
briefly, on the United Paramount Network interview , "The Challenge of
Young Parkinson's", on  WPME-TV,
locally.

 IF I can get on Todd Ciganek's New York City-based network news on  FOX
-TV, I will certainly emphasize the FRUSTRATIONS WE ALL HAVE!!! Mr.
Ciganek has asked for
a copy of "The Challenge" THIS MORNING ON THE PHONE TO ME, so let's keep
hope alive. I finally go him to hear me.  He is the Assignment Editor.

Ivan
:-)

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 22:35:59 -0500 "Nina P. Brown" <> writes:

>Thought I would share the following message that will appear in the
>Parkinson Foundation of Harris County's August newsletter.  Following
>that is a short talk I gave at our monthly meeting today to vent my
>frustration.
>
>My husband, Joe, and I returned from a tiring, but I hope successful
>trip to Washington, D.C. where we attended the 1999 Public Policy
>Forum
>presented by the Parkinson's Action Network (PAN).  From Invisible No
>More, the focus changed to Raising Our Voices for a Cure. We practiced
>advocacy skills, heard political and research presentations and
>knocked
>on doors.
>
>In 1997, after four years of advocacy efforts, the Morris K. Udall
>Parkinson's Research Act was signed into law authorizing the National
>Institutes of Health (NIH) to fund up to $100 million in “research
>focused on Parkinson's disease.”  As of this date, the Act has not
>been
>funded and much of the research has not been “focused.”

(SNIPPED)

 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses       82    deg. F   :-)