Sherilyn -

I'm sure it's truly frightening to feel that your symptoms are progressing
rapidly and that the meds aren't helping enough.  If you're alone a lot, that
makes it doubly frightening.

Other list members have given you some very good advice and asked some good
questions.  I have just one question to add:  Are any of these symptoms, such
as shortness of breath and difficulty speaking, new?  That is, did any of
these come on suddenly?  If so, I think you should call your neuro *or* your
GP right away.  These could be the signs of something other than PD.

If, on the other hand, there has been a more gradual progression, it sounds
as if you're undermedicated.  You're on very low doses of medication.  If any
additional medication causes severe dyskinesia, you may be one of the people
who reacts strongly to Sinemet or the agonists.  My husband is the same way.

You may not be ready to hear this, but if you're unable to control your PD
symptoms through medication, you'd be a good candidate for DBS surgery.  My
husband had bilateral DBS three and a half years ago, and got a whole new
lease on life.  In other words, there's hope.  Where one door closes, another
opens.  If you'd like information on DBS, you can look in the archives, or I
and other listmembers would be happy to answer any questions you might have
about it.

Hang in there, and keep writing.  That's what we're here for!

Margie Swindler   cg for Dick, 54/17