Sherilyn Sherry wrote:

> Thanks Carole.  It seems like when I take more sinemet or miripex the
> dysken..(sp) is terrible.  Maybe a second opinion is in order.
>
> My husband travels a lot,  my three children are out of town,  I'm
> feeling lonely and scared

I'm pleased to see so many replies from other listmembers to your
anxious question- FWIW, here's mine: Sinemet and Mirapex accomplish the
same basic effect in two different ways, that is either to replace the
dopamine that is missing in PD or to act like dopamine so as to fool the
brain cells. Problem with Sinemet is, a dose doesn't last long and you
get dyskinesia if you take too much at once. Solution is to take smaller
doses but more often, to get the same total amount prescribed (always
ask your neurologist first, before making any change). For example if
you now take a 25/100 Sinemet every 6 hours, try half a pill every 3
hours instead. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694