Camilla, you have inadvertantly let out my little secret!  Some of the newer
members of the list were probably thinking I was trying to be humorous, when
in actuallity all these stories are based on the truth!  (Maybe loosely
interpreted!) If I told the REAL experiences I have had with cars, it would
make people gasp. Why can't we trust wild animals, car salesmen and police
officers to do the right thing?  AND, If we see pigs flying, why can't we
believe our eyes? Also, why do people who have certain ethnic names have to
be typecast? I am sure there are thousands of Vitos, Guidos, and Titos, who
have nothing to do with crime, or any sinister organization!
P.S.
   NOW some words to anyone and everyone who hates the NON-PD "nonsense":
I am guilty of getting caught up in the "far out" humor, and sometimes I go
too far. Every time I get ready to just sit back and read, and only
contribute serious "stuff" I get all kinds of email from folks who claim they
want and NEED the lighthearted banter and stories, and jokes. I went through
PD as a caregiver for my father, who almost lost his sense of humor, due to
the cursed disease, but he kept enough of it, to probably keep him alive
longer than he would have lasted otherwise.  There ARE so many developments
in PD that are positive, that anyone who is reading this has a very good
chance of being cured, or at least getting symptomatic relief,  before too
long.  Everyone has bad days, even those of us in relatively good health. We
all have fears, worries, aches and pains, financial concerns, relative
problems, job, or unemployment problems, etc.  We MUST find ways to cope, and
pretend that everything will be okay,  and many times, it will happen.  Get
lost in humor, music, conversation, ANYTHING is better than going over
negative thoughts, until there is nothing BUT negative thoughts to dwell on.
If I offend anyone, please let me know, but it is never intended.  Also, if
anyone wants to send me email about their hobbies and interests, or mine, off
the list, it is more than welcome. There is a lot of talent on this list.  We
should not be at each others throats, but it is better to discuss things than
to just go away angry and upset, without clearing the air. I hope and pray
the day that this list becomes obsolete is coming soon, and we can all
celebrate.
Ken B.