Dear Paul:  I too am 49, but it is my husband who has the PD (l3 yr. now).  We
are soooo close after 24 yr. of marriage that I actually FEEL the Pd with him
at times - as much as that is possible (but then who knows my future?) .
                 Upon listening to your letter I would like to greatly
encourage you to not
let the fear and worries of the future overburden your heart to the point
that you let
the PD overtake you.   The strength of your spirit will be a big determining
factor of
how fast and how devastating your condition becomes.  Perhaps a visit once
and
a while to Parkinsaw or laught out loud with a non Pd joke or situation will
help you
realize you can still enjoy...........I realize some have difficulties with
the mechanics
of the delete button - but technology does exist to overcome most anything
along
that line - I for one have learned how to proceed thru the list with great
speed and
pass up the topics of no interest at the time - but next week I realize I may
just need to fantasize a little about other things or places.....
                Now that the computer world has got everyone acting on
everything at
the speed of light - we really seem to think a l/2 minute delay is an
eternity........
The PD forced my husband and I to slow down - and though we know the rat race
going on all around us , we can now appreciate the wonderfullness of a slower
paced lifestyle - and perhaps the benefits of PD "bringing us to our
                  Just some thoughts.........Marie   carepartner for husband
70/l3