At 15:20 1999/07/12 EDT, you wrote:
>We really like your website at:http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/

>                      It is very helpful.
>
>We would like to add your site on our site’s Parkinson’s Disease links page.
>
>Our site’s home page is at: http://www.healthlinkusa.com
>
>Our site is designed to be easy to use for people who are searching the
>internet for information on a wide range of specific health topics,
including
>Parkinson’s Disease.  Links to si tes which discuss treatment, prevention,
>support groups, Email lists, message boards, risk factors, statistics,
>research and more are included.
>
>Please do let me know if it is OK for us to add your site to our free
>Parkinson’s Disease links page.  Perhaps you may like to visit our site and
>see the Parkinson’s Disease links.
>
>Once we have added your site whenever you make any updates, you can let us
>know via Email.  Then we may let people who are visiting our site know.
>Also, would you provide a reciprical link to our site from yours.
>
>Regards
>
>Simon Swanwick
>Healthlinkusa
>Web Address: <http://www.healthlinkusa.com>
>Email: [log in to unmask]

hi simon

i note that your website is a .com site
tell me more about that

i also note that the vast majority of your pd links
connect to individual pages on non-profit pd sites
although the names of those sites are not mentioned on your links page;
just the titles of the individual articles

what would a link from your site to my site comprise?
a link to my index page?
or a link to a specific article?

how do you address copyright issues?
are you a member of the Health on the Net Foundation?

my site is not a commercial site as such
the ads that geocities require on my pages
are the price i pay for free server space

i maintain the site on a purely voluntary basis
as my ? page states quite clearly
per the HON guidelines

since the majority of my site pages
reflect issues dealing with the Parkinsn Information Exchange Network
and since a question about your site has started a discussion there
i am sharing this correspondence with the PIEnet members

i look forward to hearing from you

janet

ps i have summarized the links on your pd page as follows:

18 links
Experimental Therapeutics Branch Research Information
<http://etb.ninds.nih.gov/>

14 links
Michigan Parkinson Foundation
<http://parkinsonsmi.org/>

14 links
Mediconsult Web Site [HON member]
<http://www.mediconsult.com/>

6  links
Texas Health Resources Home Page
<http://www.texashealth.org/>

3  links
mystery no-name site
<http://xfdm08.aps1.anl.gov/>

2  links
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
<http://www.ninds.nih.gov/>

2  links
National Parkinson Foundation, Inc.
<http://www.parkinson.org/>

2  links
Center for Neurologic Study
<http://www.cnsonline.org/>

2  links
The Parkinson's Institute
<http://www.parkinsonsinstitute.org/>

1  links
MedWeb - School of Medicine - The University of Birmingham, UK
<http://medweb.bham.ac.uk/>

1  links
Family Village - University of Wisconsin
<http://www.familyvillage.wisc.edu/>

1  links
Health Support Center
<http://www.healthsupportcenter.org/>

1  links
M-CARE - Taking Care of Michigan
<http://www.mcare.org/>

1  links
Parkinson Alliance - The Parkinson's Listserv Information Center
<http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/>

5  - miscellaneous commercial [.com] sites

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>