hi all

bear with my writing  style - i'm off and getting offer

there is a general disclaimer on my website
about this subject

everything i post to the list whether my own messages
quotes, news items, or medical abstracts
is as interpreted by me
in the original selection
in the visual re-organization
and thus every item, AS POSTED,
is mine,
albeit i always credit the original source eg pubmed/nando/socrates

i do it out of passion and love

i do it with no financial compensation
[nor would i]

i do this for my cyber family
which includes any and all people with pd and/or cd

i have always said 'YES' to anyone who has no profit motive
who has asked me for permission to use any of my posts
and am thrilled that my words could be useful

i was updating my pdlinks page
and checking to make sure that all the links worked
jumped on over to the the northwest parkinson's foundation's site
and stopped

i don't think they asked me for permission to reproduce my postings

i would have given it freely
with a couple of caveats
don't change them visually
and
give me credit

some may say - it's a pubmed abstract!
whaddya talking about?

i'm talking about my work in re-presenting the material [for my cyber-kin]
in a more easily read format [imho]
e.g.
i change every sentence into  a separate paragraph
i check and change number formats for consistency - 9 patients, nine patients
i put suitable phrases into lists
i put all author references etc at the end, leaving only the title at the top

i hope this is a clumsy mistake or misunderstanding

at first emotional glance
it appears a fat-cat-albeit-not-for-profit-but-salaried-org
[mega million$ mergers]
is taking advantage of a not-for-profit-disabled-pensioner
[cdn 930 monthly]
[details have more impact than generalities]
but i don't want to be blinded by such a lens

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>