On Thu 22 Jul, janet paterson wrote:
> At 00:16 1999/07/22 -0500, you wrote:
> >             Janet:  I could not find med effectiveness analysis scheme.
> >
> >            Ed Keith
>
> hi ed
>
> i've been having trouble getting int 'james'
> simon cole's site in the uk
>
> maybe brian collins could give you/us the URL for his pages there
>
> brian? you out there?
>
> janet
>
> janet paterson
> 52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
> snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
> website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
> e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Janet, Ed,  The address you want is

     http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/

 That will get you to the front page

By the way, I have a guilty conscience about all that data which I
gathered on dopamine agonists some time ago. I have plotted it
upside down and every other way and have so far failed to find any
correlations at all!  I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that
PD drug prescribing is a matter of indiscriminate guessing with a lack
of any real logic. I will talk to simon about possibly borrowing some
space on this site to post the raw data, together with my results, and
you  can all join in the search for the magic key. The reason for my
giving up is that (after about 2 years of gentle nudging, and letters
saying 'I'm still here' etc, I have secured a place in the fetal cell
transplant research programme - the one run by the Swedish group.
 I have just returned from the first of four measurement and calibration
sessions (2 days for this one and the next one will be 3 days). The
tests will be about 4 weeks apart, and the operations should be around
the end of the year.
  Why am I doing this? Well, one result of applying my engineering
training to the business of taking the PD tablets is that I can predict
at least 2 years ahead of the event the point where I will run out of
an effective regime of tablets. I have reached this point before, but
I have been rescued by a new type of tablet which has prolonged my
'shelf life'. This time however, there will be no last-minute respite,
and all that will be left will be surgical intervention. (If I had the
time (5 to 10 years) my money would be on stem cells, but I don't have
time to wait.)  I am sure that Pallidotomy, DBS, etc have helped many
PWPs but I have to say that it does not 'feel right' to me. The concept
of damaging another part of the brain to compensate for the deficiency
in the Substantia nigra is to me like using two wrongs to make a right.
So there I am. I will have less time to do all the other things which
I do. (mainly running our local PDS branch at Derby as Secretary)
but I will keep you all informed when I get to the operation times.
Regards,

--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>
           Age: 59, Diagnosed 21 yrs ago, First symptoms 26 yrs ago.